The best part about these easy appetizers sticks is that you can use a wide variety of toppings once you get the basics added.
Sun-Dried Tomato Cheezy Garlic Breadsticks
vegan, makes about 8 large sticks (about 10″ each)
1 ball of pizza dough (plain, whole wheat or herb)
1/4 cup vegan butter, melted + kitchen brush for coating dough
1 Tbsp garlic granules
1/2 cup Daiya Mozzarella cheese shreds
1/3 cup sun-dried tomato slices
2 tsp dried parsley or basil flakes
flour to roll out dough (optional, add thick corn meal to the flour for texture)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with canola oil.
2. Sprinkle flour and optional corn meal on a flat rolling surface. Roll out a ball of store-bought or homemade pizza dough – roll into a rectangle shape about 3/4 inch thick.
3. Transfer the dough rectangle to the baking sheet. Make casual slices into the dough to form strips. They don’t have to be sliced all the way through – just enough so that “pull apart” strips will puff up and form during the baking process.
4. Melt your vegan butter and gather your toppings.
5. Brush the surface and slice crevices of the dough with a heavy handed layer of vegan butter. Sprinkle garlic over top. Then add the parsley, cheese and additional toppings like tomatoes.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 17 minutes – or until the edges begin to brown. Do not overbake. You want fluffy light sticks of bread.
Cool a few minutes before serving.